This article describes how you can schedule overtime hours for employees in advance
As an Admin, you can schedule overtime hours for employees in advance.
The employees have the option of accepting or rejecting the overtime hours request from their mobile app.
For any scheduled overtime, employees can either receive:
Monetary compensation for the extra hours worked (Payroll).
Vacation days in lieu of the extra hours worked (Time Off).
To be able to schedule extra hours, an employee must be assigned to one of these policies:
Note: In the case of shift workers, they must have a shift scheduled on that day.
As a Line Manager and/or HR Manager (Time Off Manager, Super Admin), you can schedule extra hours in advance for employees by going to the Attendance module > Time and Pay Adjustments > clicking on the Schedule Extra Hours button.
As a Line Manager with permission to decide compensation types, you will have the option to assign extra hours to either payroll or time off.
As a Line Manager without permission to decide compensation types, you will not have the option to assign extra hours to either payroll or time off.
Note: On weekends and Public Holidays, the whole day is considered as extra hours.
Overtime Instruction Statuses
- Scheduled: The shift has been scheduled for the employee.
- Pending: The overtime shift worked by an employee is yet to be approved to adjust in Time off or Payroll.
- Approved: Overtime shift adjustment approved and added to the payroll.
- Processed: Overtime shift adjustment processed in the payroll.
- Rejected: The overtime shift rejected by the line manager or the Super admins.